The Campfire NetworkYou all know my friend Anastasia from Anastasia Bee, right? Well if you didn't, you will know her pretty well after this post. She found this campfire networky thingy and hit me up ASAP on Twitter to see if I was interested on swapping some questions. I couldn't resist. So the next few days we were searching for questions which was crazy, since I found so many crazy questions I couldn't really concentrate on good ones. Then came the answering, which was actually a harder task, I mean, childhood memories, WTH??
Here are the questions I came up with and of course her answers, I really liked this activity because it made me open up, and talk more about my personal life, which I don't do as much on my blog, and technically haven't since my answers are at her blog, but you know what I mean. And also, it made me closer to one of my favorite bloggy friends, since I feel like I know her better now.
Here's Anastasia's interview. Enjoy. [My comments are the ones that start like this -]
#1.What do you keep handy at your bedside table and why?
Chapstick! I’m addicted. For what ever reason I can’t go without 20 minutes of my Chap; I hate the feeling of dry lips. So when I wake up in the middle of the night, I apply before I fall asleep again. Lol. I need chap rehab.
- She must have a really tiny bedside table.
#2. How do you see yourself in 20 years?
If I’m single, I’ll probably be a cougar. I have a thing for younger boys. Lol, No really, hopefully I’ll be fabulous at 40, with a loving husband, 4 kids, 7 dogs and bazillion of dollars.
- Cougar...LMAO!! Hopefully we will still be friends, so I get to share some of those bazillion dollars, and please don't ask me to dogsit for you. *Wink*
#3. If you could change only one thing from your past, would you? And what would you change?
I don’t think I can really change anything from my past. As many times I have cringed over my stupid mistakes, I’ve learned from each and every one of them. Some times it took me 3 mistakes to figure out that I’m doing something wrong, but I’ve evolved into the person I am thanks to my stupidity.
- Words of wisdom.
#4. Would you ever consider marrying someone from a VERY different culture? As in, somebody who didn't even speak the same language?
If he didn’t speak a lick English but looked like he came off a Calvin Klein billboard I might consider it. Lol, I really don’t mind where a person comes from; however I don’t think a relationship would develop if there were big language barrier. And when it comes to culture, if the person doesn’t push his beliefs on me and accepts me for where I came from, then I’m fine. Love doesn’t come in colors.
- Exactly my point, as long as he is DAMN hot. No, really she makes a point, "LOVE DOESN'T COME IN COLORS".
#5. What is the thing/moment/anecdote that would embarrass you the most if your parents found out about it??
Oh man, first I’d like to say that what I am about to tell you is purely factual. There is NO EXAGGERATION for entertaining purposes…it’s all TRUE!
I had just finished working out when my sister called me to pick her up from the mall. When I work out, I drink A LOT of water! I probably drank more than 32oz that particular day. I get in the car all sweaty and exhausted, which is never pleasant when you can’t use the AC because the car would over heat.
So imagine a sticky and humid uncomfortable environment and suddenly you get a message from your brain saying “YOU NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM NOW!!!” Ok, no problem. The mall is only 20 mins, I can hold it. WRONG! There was traffic and what should have been 20 minutes, really turned into an hour. I was fuming; I was hot, sweaty, and in pain, FML.
I didn’t want to pull over because the streets were so small and the cars were so close, everyone would see my blinding white ass. At one point, I looked over to my purse and actually contemplated of taking a nice piss in it, but unfortunately the purse I had was all cotton so I knew that wouldn’t help.
I grabbed a plastic Wal Mart and accepted that this is what my life had to come to. Peeing in a shopping bag. The only problem was that there was a hole at the bottom. For whatever reason, my mind wasn’t thinking very clearly. I was too desperate to logically conclude that the best way for this to work was to tie know at the bottom. Instead, I believed that if I put napkins at the bottom, the napkins was slow down the leaking process and there would be a less of a spillage in the passenger seat (which by the way was the scene of the crime). Of course, the napkins didn’t help and everything went ALL over the seat. I was so PISSED!
To this day, my parents think I spilled juice. Oh, and we gave that car to my cousin. LOL.
- OMG, I'm reaaaally grateful I'm not your cousin.
#6. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
Books: “The Secret”, Chelsea Handler’s “Are you there, Vodka? It’s me, Chelsea” and “My Horizontal Life: A Collection of one-night stands”, “Sextrology” (an awesome astrology book), “No Life Guard On Duty” by Janice Dickinson. She may seem wacko, but her life is truly inspiring.
- I'm gonna have to read all of those. Although I did read half of The Secret.
Movies: I know these aren’t movies but the only thing I can watch repeatedly is the TV show “Will and Grace”. So I’d have to bring 5 seasons of that or one season with 5 discs. I can never get enough!
- LOL, I only watched it when they where right after Friends and I was too lazy to change the channel [cause, you know touching the remote takes SO.MUCH.WORK] and of course it is hilarious.
People: My mom, dad, sister, Will Smith and Adrian Grenier. We can act out some scenes together: Boy loves girl. Girl has secret relationship with Boy. Girl is already in a relationship with other boy. Other boy finds out but forgives her with make up sex. Repeat Scene.
- LMAO...btw you didn't bring your dog??? Shame on you!!!
Food: Brownies, craisins, bread, arroz con gandules, and platanos maduros.
- Bread.. you must be my lost twin. Arroz con gandules y platanos??? Where the hell are you from?? I love those, and my arroz con gandules is a must-try, it tastes amazing. [For all of you that have no idea what that is, is rice mixed with green beans and plantains].
#7.What are the three happiest memories of your life so far?
1. My College Graduation. Seeing my father, who never had the opportunity to go to college, standing on of his chair with pride, made every stupid stressed out night worth it.
- Tear. I will do this, I will do this...
2. When my mom came home from the hospital after spending the whole summer in rehab after her accident.
- I'm so glad she made it back. YAY!
3. When I got my dog, Tiny Jig. I was living in my own apartment in NY at the time and I was going through a really hard time. I felt like I had nobody but TJ made my last few months in NY so much easier. I love her so much!
- I need a dog. Period.
#8. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?
Girl Misunderstood: What’s behind the hot pink polka dots.
-...and The Tiny Dog With The Polka Dots As Well, would be a nice sequel.
#9. If you knew that you were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend your day?
I hate death. It scares me and I sometimes think about it too much. If I knew I was going to die, I’d probably cry until I had a headache. But then I’d have to force myself to get over it and enjoy my time with my family. And I’d probably call my friends and thank them for being in my life.
- OK, let me know when you're gonna die, so I can send you some excedrin and save you some time. OMG I sound so cruel. May God Bless you forever!!!!
#10. Out of all the relationships you have right now, if you had to choose one, who would it be, and why?
This is a really hard question because I have 3 very important people in my life and it's hard to choose just one. But for the sake of this question, I'd have to say my mom. We have such a strong bond and I know I can always count on her support. I could spend any time of the day with her and I'll never mind. I hope when I have children that they have the relationship I have with her.
- I don't know if I could answer this question, but I beleive you have chosen wisely. I also want to have a great relationship with my kids, something like Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls, except I would be married to Luke, LOL.
Now, you can go see her questions and MY ANSWERS on her blog. Love you all!!!
PS: I'm hooked, so if you're interested in doing this, just send me a lovely e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org].